Matthew East mdke at
Wed Aug 6 21:42:37 UTC 2008

Hi again

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Duncan Lithgow <dlithgow at> wrote:
> The example below is what I mean by over-control of the wiki, I
> changed the links to what I'm working on to sit under a heading for
> 'Guidelines under discussion' and they were deleted.

I've reverted your change, but I've also sent you an email to explain
why (see the other one in this thread).

> What purpose can this serve but to alienate enthusiastic editors.
> Would Wikipedia be where it is today if they allowed this type of
> top-down control?

If you were to add a "RFC" proposal to a wikipedia article about how
to contribute to wikipedia (as opposed to an general encyclopedia
entry) without discussion, I think you'd find it reverted quickly

Matthew East