https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Software/ProjectHome

Duncan Lithgow dlithgow at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 21:36:10 UTC 2008

The example below is what I mean by over-control of the wiki, I
changed the links to what I'm working on to sit under a heading for
'Guidelines under discussion' and they were deleted.

What purpose can this serve but to alienate enthusiastic editors.
Would Wikipedia be where it is today if they allowed this type of
top-down control?

Forgive me for thinking I'm actually doing useful work - give me a break please.

Duncan

 == Contributing ==

- ## It doesn't feel very free to edit.
 This website is free for all to edit. Contributing to the wiki is
extremely easy. However it may seem a little scary at first, so this
page contains some guidelines and help for how to post and work on the
documentation in this wiki. Our aim is to produce consistent,
integrated and reliable documentation that users can access simply and
quickly.

  * [[/Registration]] - Registering an account to login and edit
@@ -23, +17 @@

  * [[/Screenshots]] - Guidelines on when and how to use screenshots
  * [[/SoftwareDocumentation]] - Guidelines for writing software
documentation (under construction)
  * [[/DeletingAndRenaming]] - Guidelines on deleting and renaming pages
-
- '''Guideslines under discussion'''
-  * [[/PageHeaders]] - Ideas and guidelines for creating and using
[[Glossary#header|headers]] on certain pages.
-  * [[/TopicTags]] - Ideas and guidelines for creating and using
[[Glossary#tags|tags]] on certain pages. [[RFC]]