request for review: hardy release candidate announcement

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at canonical.com
Fri Apr 18 09:24:08 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:29:05AM +0200, Nick Barcet wrote:
> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> >  * "KVM is now part of the official Ubuntu kernel"
> >
> >    Wasn't this already true in 7.10?  I think the difference is that the
> >    userland application is now fully integrated.

> True, it should be something like
> "KVM is now a fully maintained option for virtualization along with
> libvirt (CLI) and virt-manager (GUI) management tools."

> Thanks for catching this.

Thanks, have changed it to the following on the wiki page:

 KVM is now a fully maintained option for virtualization, and
 [http://virt-manager.et.redhat.com/ libvirt and virt-manager] have also been
 integrated in Ubuntu, allowing for easy guest creation and basic management
 of virtual machines out of the box.  Virt-manager can be used to administer
 guests on a remote server.

And I see a similar change has already been made to the email draft.

Cheers,