Keyboard key terminology

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 18:21:03 UTC 2008

I personally think this discussion seems a little silly.  We can talk about what the gnome user guide uses, but that may different from what the kde-docs user guide uses, or what the openoffice guide uses; etc....

People who use a computer should be able to  translate the difference between enter and return.  If we start trying to take in account each keyboard the docs become meaningless... My phones keyboard doesn't even have a label, just the "universal" synbol for enter/return....