Mentoring

Adam Sommer asommer70 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 19:41:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Michael Stephenson <
mickstephenson at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm Michael, and I'd like to join the mentoring programme.
> I've been using Linux for about 4 years now starting off with a gentoo
> install (didn't realise that their were easier distros, didn't do much
> research just jumped right in...) and have been on Ubuntu since Dapper.
> I would be happy to work on any area of documentation, but most
> comfortable with bootloaders, hardware, server stuff, rather than gui stuff.
> Here <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=740924> is an example of a
> tutorial I wrote a few weeks ago, which is what got me interested in writing
> documentation, it probably leaves alot to be desired language/layout wise
> and would not stand up to the strict code and conduct of the documentation
> team, but I like to think I simplified it as much as possible.
> Regards
> Michael

Hello,

Welcome to the team, do you have any particular area regarding servers that
you'd like to document?  We've done a lot of work on the Server Guide for
Hardy and any additions/adjustments are very much appreciated.

For some improvement ideas, new content, etc take a look at the Server Team
Idea Pool page Documentation Area  [1], and feel free to add any others you
think should be covered.  Also, the Doc Team Repository page has some great
instructions for checking out and getting started with the DocBook files
[2].

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, and once again Welcome!

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/IdeaPool
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Repository

--
Party On,