BitTorrent wiki page and usage

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Sat Sep 29 04:50:38 UTC 2007

I like the fact that the release notes for gutsy encourage bittorrent
use, which is especially useful when a bunch of folks are downloading
our isos at once and getting little bandwidth from the straight
http downloads.

I ran into some issues with the help offered on the download page
for gutsy beta, and filed this bug in ubuntu-website:

 https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-website/+bug/146514
 "releases page points to bad bittorrent link" [Undecided,New]

My search led me to this old saga of licensing issues with the classic
bittorrent client:

It also led me to our wiki page on it:

 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BitTorrent

which I just revamped in a number of ways.  I'd appreciate
corrections if I've made any mistakes.

Cheers,

Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/