musicvideosphotos

Luzius Thöny lucius.antonius at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 15:21:18 UTC 2007

George Lesica wrote:
> ok, i've been browsing through the updated tree and found a couple
> little issues i wanted to point out / ask about / report on, etc.
>
> also, sorry about the totem thing in musicvideophotos.xml, i'm having
> trouble keeping up with what exactly is included in xubuntu, gotta
> start paying more attention to the xubuntu-devel list... :(
>
> newtoubuntu.xml - there is no aboutxubuntu section in the doc so the
> link at the top doesn't work. also the xfce link doesn't work.
> basically this section is pretty sparse / broken, is it being
> deprecated?

strange - those links work just fine for me. maybe you need to run "make
clean" and "make", and then hit "refresh" in the browser...?

> basic-commands.xml - i found some typos and made some (i think)
> clarifications, check out the patch and see if it's a-ok (diff
> included)

thanks for these. i didn't understand why you changed chapter->article,
so left that as it was (all the other parts are 'chapters' now). i
integrated most of the other fixes you proposed.

> advanced-topics.xml - this is really sparse, i would think it would be
> more of a project for hardy...

indeed, but it's better than nothing. at least the part about
programming seems useful.

> switching.xml (and other switching docs) - i've taken a look at this
> one and made a few changes here and there but it's still far from
> being shippable imho,

why? i thought i had removed / adjusted those parts which don't apply to
Xubuntu. of course it could need a lot more work to make it perfect for
Xubuntu users, but i think it's *reasonably* accurate and useful now.
(or have you found any obvious mistakes?)
>  i would be willing to make it a project for
> hardy but i doubt i will have time to finish it before gutsy needs to
> be settled.

yeah, we need to wrap things up for gutsy really quickly (better today
than tomorrow!) to give translators a chance to do their magic.

>  honestly it seems to me many of the files is unnecessary
> since the topics are covered elsewhere in the docs.
>
> i also went over office.xml again and it appears to be ok afaik
>
> -george

~luzi