status of xubuntu docs - keep committing despite string freeze?

Luzius Thöny lucius.antonius at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 09:48:57 UTC 2007

Phil Bull wrote:
> Hi Luzi,
>
> On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 10:52 +0200, Luzius Thöny wrote:
>
>> Would it be alright with the DocTeam if we keep committing for a few
>> more days? The docs are really not good enough yet to be shipped. At the
>> same time I'd like to call on all those who have contributed to Xubuntu
>> docs so far to join forces and get the above points ironed out until the
>> end of the week (or so).
>>

> I think that the string freeze is properly in effect for us now
> (translation templates have been generated and released, I seem to
> remember). It would probably be best to consult with the
> ubuntu-translators list to see if they have any problems with breaking
> the freeze, as they would be affected the most.
>
> If they're OK with it, a few more days probably won't hurt, although I'm
> not 100% sure.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil

I just checked in Rosetta, and "gutsy" translation templates have not
been uploaded for Xubuntu yet. What is there is still the feisty stuff.
So I think we're fine to go on a bit longer, and I just wrote to
ubuntu-translators to let them know they should not further translate
what is currently in Rosetta.

Luzi