future of the Ubuntu Packaging Guide

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 17 14:18:24 UTC 2007

Hi Phil,

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 02:05:24PM +0100, Phil Bull wrote:
> The wiki doesn't have to be editable to everyone. You can define an ACL
> on a per-page basis [1], although this may need to be turned on in the
> Moin configuration. It would also require the wiki administrator to
> maintain the ACL.

I think that the use of ACL would defeat the point of having a wiki
(which is that anyone can edit the content). Having ACL on part of a
document could help to avoid producing bad quality documents (ACL on the
main document, but no ACL on a comment section). This is why mediawiki
has a comment page which each wiki page. However, I don't think that
moinmoin support such a setup.

--
Mathias