Menor Request

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 20:23:40 UTC 2007

Hi Ben,

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 15:41 -0400, Ben wrote:
> Sure, i can work on documenting method of offline package
> installation. However, I do not know how to create a page or use
> SVN/DocBook. Are there any good tutorials/reference manuals on the
> internet?

There's some information on using SVN on the wiki [1]. As for DocBook,
it's pretty easy to pick up if you've ever written any HTML. There's a
complete DocBook reference [2] which is very comprehensive, but I find
that it's better to look at existing documentation and learn from that.

Once you have a working SVN checkout, you'll be able to use a text
editor to view the DocBook XML files, and the Yelp help viewer to
preview your work. You might like to start by modifying an existing file
in order to get used to working with DocBook. After that, the offline
package installation material should probably go into a new section in
ubuntu/add-application/C/add-applications.xml.

Please let us know if you get stuck at all, or would like an example
document to work from, and don't hesitate to ask questions!

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SVN
[2] - http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html