Setting up bzr branches for the project

Will Simpson will at willsimpson.org
Sun Oct 28 15:05:09 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 11:24 +0100, Matthew East wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're in relatively good shape now, since John A Meinel helped me
> upload the various branches from his server.
>
> I've updated the documentation on
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Bazaar with some more
> information about how to work with the branches. I'd very much
> appreciate it if everyone could check this page to make sure it is
> clear and that they understand how everything is going to work.
>
> When that is done, I think we may be ready to turn off the svn
> repository and start using bzr. Can anyone think of any outstanding
> matters to take care of before we do that?
>
> --
> Matthew East
> http://www.mdke.org
> gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF

Matthew,

I've taken a look at the information/directions for how to work with the
bzr branches. I found it clear and complete. Thanks Matthew. Following
the step by step I was easily able to "branch", "merge" and "bind". I
added a note to the wiki about the pretty good ' bzr help' command which
I'll be using as a reminder of which command to use for what. This will
be helpful for new documentation team members.

I'm not sure I'd recommend bzr-gtk. It can not produce a "bundle" so it
wouldn't be a complete solution for those without "push" privileges. The
part of bzr-gtk that attracted me was the nautilus integration, yet
unfortunately it is currently being held back because of "performance
issues". I've noticed performance issues with other python/nautilus
bindings most noticeably tracker-tags-tab.pyc.

Will
---
http://willsimpson.org
Moscow, Idaho