[Mentoring] Writing Deskbar Applet docs

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 11:33:25 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

Thanks for volunteering. For this project, you should follow the GNOME
Style Guide [1] and should try to work closely with upstream. I (and
other Doc Team members) can help you out as much or as little as you
like.

First of all, you should probably get an overview of the current state
of the documentation. Make sure that you have the "subversion" package
installed, and run the following command in a Terminal:

svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/deskbar-applet/trunk

If you then navigate to trunk/help/C, you'll see a file called
"deskbar.xml". Open this in Yelp and take a look at it.

Once you've done that, make sure to use Deskbar for a while and get
familiar with its user interface. We can then start planning the new
documentation.

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdp-style-guide/2.20/