Community help wikis per release

Adam Sommer asommer70 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 15:55:32 UTC 2007

Thanks Mathew,

> Without looking at the macro itself, the usage looks much too
> complicated; you should just use:
>
> [[ReleaseVersion(7.10,6.06,whatever)]]
>
> The macro would then do the rest in terms of adding whatever is needed
> to the page.

Currently the Macro will actually take any string you pass as an argument,
and list it in the Versions table.  I did think about coding up something
similar to what you suggest, but I couldn't decide on what the argument
string should be.

Do you think passing the release number is the best way to go?  When I think
about a Ubuntu release I usually think of it in terms of the first part of
the codename Gutsy, Feisty, Edgy, etc.  So that turns the Macro usage into:

[[ReleaseVersion(Gutsy, Feisty)]]

The release string would then be expanded into "Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon),
Ubuntu 7.06 (Feisty Fawn)".  Coding that won't be a problem, but if you want
to use the release numbers just let me know.  We could always code for both
ways, but it would probably be easier for the user to only allow one way to
access the macro.

Also, I developed the Macro on MoinMoin 1.5.7, but it should probably work
with older versions.

--
Party On,
Adam