Community help wikis per release

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 18 15:38:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 18/10/2007, Mathias Gug <mathiaz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I thought about having a wiki instance per release: The Feisty community
> pages, the Gutsy community pages, etc... At the beginning of each release
> cycle, a new wiki instance would be created, with all the pages copied
> from the previous release wiki. All pages could be marked with a specific
> Category (CategoryReview).

This is an interesting and complex question. Given that much material
applies to a number of releases, the best way to do this is not to
create separate instances, but evolve a process to enable

The issue is discussed on this spec, so please add comments to the
talk page as appropriate if you have something to add:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpWikiQualityAssurance

If we can (as provided by that spec) show the user on each page (a)
how reliable a page is, and (b) what release it applies to, then we
are well on the way to have a single wiki for all online
documentation, instead of the artificial distinction we have now
between "official" and "community" documents.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org