"Desktop Effects"

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 07:55:18 UTC 2007

Hi Vadim,

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 22:44 -0400, Vadim Peretokin wrote:
> I just installed a brand-new version of Gutsy today, and when looking
> about docs, I saw that it mentions under Desktop Effects that their
> location is in 'Press System ▸ Preferences ▸ Appearance ▸ Desktop
> Effects to change basic options relating to desktop effects.', while
> the tab really is called Visual Effects.
>
> Has this been addressed?

No, it hasn't been addressed yet unfortunately, and there are more
changes to that tab besides. See bug 150641 [1] for more details.

I didn't notice this change until quite a while after string freeze,
which makes me wonder whether it was made post-freeze. Of course, I
might just have missed it.

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+bug/150641