documentation proposal

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 11:01:49 UTC 2007

Hi Amrit,

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 23:28 -0400, Amrit Bnasal wrote:
> i am a MS student doing my graduation from Carnegie Mellon University.
> Currently I am doing a Linux introduction course. As a part of the
> course, we have an optional assignment of contributing to the open
> source in some way. My professor, Mr. Dennis Moul suggested that i could
>  maybe translate an existing documentation into a language of my choice.
> So i decided to translate the ubuntu graphical installation document to
> Hindi.
>
> I would like to know if there is any chance that this translated
> document could be posted on your website? And if thats not possible,
> could you suggest any other website where it could be posted?

Thanks for working on this document.

I think that the best place for it would probably be the 'Documentation'
section of the ubuntu-in website [1]. Could you ask on the ubuntu-in
mailing list [2] if it would be possible for them to host your document,
please? If not, I'm sure we can think of something else.

Also, you may be interested in getting in touch with the Ubuntu Hindi
translation team [3] to discuss your work and to get it reviewed.

Thanks again,

Phil

[1] - http://www.ubuntu-in.org/wiki/Documentation
[3] - https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-hi