[Training Support] New training sections - 5 & 10

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Fri Oct 12 21:09:43 UTC 2007

On Friday 12 October 2007 13:42:52 Billy Cina wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please see bzr:
> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~canonical-training/ubuntu-desktop-course/u
>buntu-desktop-course-beta
>
> or the training wike: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Training?action=show
>
> for the new sections 5 & 10. Any comments should be submitted either on
> bzr - please split a new branch for each section or via email to:
> training at canonical.com
>
> Look forward to reading your comments / changes by Thursday 18th October.
>
> many thanks
>
> --
> Billy Cina
> Training Programmes Manager
> Dir: +44 207 630 2454
> Mob: +44 780 938 9862
> billy.cina at canonical.com
> www.ubuntu.com

Billy,

First of all as a member of the doc team I'm disappointed in Chapter 10 not to
see a reference to the offline system documentation that we have worked so
hard to keep fresh and current and translated.  Is there reasoning behind not
introducing the topic based help system which we have worked hard on?  I feel
offline system documentation should be the first thing a person should look
to.  While in fact we all know the first place a person goes is to Google
instead of a wiki, IRC channel or even help.ubuntu.com, not referencing it is
a serious diservice to the entire team.

After introducing and spending some time about the system documentation
(offline, remember not everyone is always connected to the internet when they
are looking for help), then the community documentation (either
help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu or wiki.ubuntu.com) should be the next start.

I would love to understand the reasoning behind this.

Thanks,

Jonathan