enterprise paragraph wording

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 12 07:09:22 UTC 2007

On 11/10/2007, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Steve wanted me to run this here.
>
> "The Ubuntu project makes no distinction between a free edition and an enterprise
> edition - this is our best work and it is freely available."

The main problem with this is that it implies that there isn't an
enterprise edition, which is simply not true. The LTS is consistently
marketed by Canonical and everyone as an "enterprise edition" (see
http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/releases). I think your
revised wording suffers from the same problem.

The wording used by the front page of the website is:

"Ubuntu will always be free of charge, including enterprise releases
and security updates".

That works a lot better.

--
Matthew East