Introduction and request for a mentor

Patrick Green patlgreen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 21:17:11 UTC 2007

Hi!

My name is Patrick and I have at long last joined the doc mail list.

To the point.  I would very much like to have a mentor at the earliest
opportunity to participate in Ubuntu's documentation needs.

In the past I have created comprehensive Retail Channel Training Guides for
Linspire.  I developed a training manual and accompanying course for the IT
staff of the State of Indiana (United States) board of Education when they
piloted their one for one Linux program in schools.

I've penned a smattering of articles for searchopnesource/techtarget,
Linspire Letter, Micheal's Minute, and a few other places.  A blog I wrote
hit first page of dig and got the dreaded /. .  When I was an active member
of Freespire, I helped create the WIKI index and the bulk of the Community
Board ByLaws was drafted by me.

Currently I teach computers at a small college near Chicago and I write
technical how to copy for a hosting/application/web development company in
Chicago.

That is the basics as it pertains to writing.  I look forward to hearing
more about a mentor and how the relationship works.

Cheers

Patrick