vi or nano in tutorial?

Michael Price m_price04 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 17:38:05 UTC 2007

>From my understanding you are supposed to say text editor that way people have the option of using whatever they are comfortable with.

Nick Barcet <nick.barcet at canonical.com> wrote: Hello,

Very simple newbie question that was raised writing the tutorial for
JeOS at http://help.ubuntu.com/community/JeOS...

I can't remember seeing any recommendation on whether we should advise
new users to use vi or nano.  Is there such recommendation? If not,
should there be one and what should it be?

Also, if you have time to take a look at the above tuto and let me know
of any guideline I would have missed, I would really welcome your remarks.

Thanks,
Nick

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
   -Mahatma Gandhi