Introduction and First Contribution

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 22:52:21 UTC 2007

Hi Gilbert,

On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 09:23 -0800, Gilbert Mendoza wrote:
> Hello everyone!   My name is Gilbert Mendoza, and I'm a network and
> security engineer based out of Southern California.  I've been in the
> tech industry professionally for close to 10 years, using Linux since
> 1999, and Ubuntu since Hoary Hedgehog.
>
> First and foremost, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank the Ubuntu
> Doc team and community for all their selfless contributions to the
> betterment of Ubuntu knowledge.  It's truly an important task at hand,
> and is one area that has always shined strong.
>
> Since my wife, kids and I all use Ubuntu for everything we do personally
> and professionally, I wanted to start giving back in as many ways as I
> can.  Which is why I am very happy to have contributed my first Ubuntu
> community document.
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SinglePacketAuthorization
>
> Please let me know if there are styling, spelling, or any other issues
> you may find, as it's important to me that my contributions are
> consistent with, and reflects well upon, the Ubuntu documentation efforts.
>
> I of course am also open for more opportunities to help with
> documentation and packaging, so if any of the experienced team members
> have areas in which there is needed help, please don't hesitate to throw
> some workload this way.

Welcome! The page you wrote is excellent; the style is spot-on, the
content all looks good and the document seems very comprehensive. I made
a small edit earlier, but this just consisted of a couple of very minor
style changes.

The only further suggestion I can make is to include the "firewall.sh"
script as a downloadable attachment [1] rather than inline due to its
length.

Great work!

Thanks,

Phil