Help Wiki Improvements

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 13:58:17 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 10:48 -0400, Adam Sommer wrote:
> Here's a link to the thread started by Mathias about the issue:
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2007-October/009678.html
>
> I started work on a macro to help address issue 2 of the spec Mathew posted:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpWikiQualityAssurance
>
> Phil Bull had some great ideas to improving it, basically it will read
> the contents of a "Version" page then place a label box displaying
> which versions the editor used in the Macro argument.  Please feel
> free to download and test the macro:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~asommer70/+junk/misc
>
> I developed it using the MoinMoin version shipped with Gutsy, but it
> will probably work with older versions, or could be made to work
> without much trouble.  I don't know if this Macro is the answer to all
> the questions, but I think it may be a step in the right direction.
>
> Thanks Phil for help with the macro it was fun collaborating.

Adam's macro looks like just what we need to finally implement the
HelpWikiQA spec [1]. A second version of it (with minimal alterations)
could also be used to implement the 'Cleanup' part of the spec.

Can we move ahead and install this macro to the live server?

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpWikiQualityAssurance

--