xubuntu docs restructuring possibilities

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 8 08:05:51 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 08/11/2007, George Lesica <glesica at gmail.com> wrote:
> with that in mind, i think it would be a good idea to look at
> restructuring the docs to flow a bit more like a giant tutorial.

Basically your suggestion is to undo the changes that we've made in
the Feisty release cycle for Ubuntu and Kubuntu pursuant to the
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TopicBasedHelp specification. Xubuntu decided
in the last release cycle to incorporate the same changes.

If the Xubuntu team genuinely disagrees with the rationale behind that
spec, then I suppose it's fine to restructure, but it would be a
crying shame because (a) the spec is really good, and makes our
documentation much easier for new users to navigate, and (b) it would
severely restrict the amount of collaboration that would be possible
between Xubuntu and the other documentation flavours.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org