Call to current maintainer of the server guide

Bhuvaneswaran A bhuvan at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 7 06:19:50 UTC 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 9:26 AM, Adam Sommer <asommer70 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> > It is updated for every release. However, I don't think we conciously
> > test and update the document for every application. We do update the
> > document for couple of application as and when we find that it is
> > changed. We should change this approach. One of us should take the
> > responsibility to update the document for every application for every
> > release, if appropriate.
>
> I plan to help contribute in this capacity.  Started a little too late
> in the Gutsy cycle though.

Yeah, you are already helping us in this area. Thank you!

> > On the other hand, the list of applications we have covered have not
> > changed since it was introduced. We should also give a thought to it
> > and see if we can come up with document for few more applications. I
> > could not come up with the list right on top of my head, but I'm sure
> > we can improve in this area.
>
> Should we just update this Spec?
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerGuide
>
> I think it's the original one that got the Server Guide started?  I
> was looking through it today and not every item on the list is in the
> guide (not that they all *have* to be).

Yeah, you are spot on. It is the reference we had before we started
writing this guide. We missed to include document for few applications
listed there, probably due to time constraint, or I do not have
exposure to those applications by then. It is a good place to see
which applications need to be documented.

On the other hand, we can also modify this specification and include
new applications. We can continue writing documentation for those
applications as well unless if someone objects.
--
Regards,
Bhuvaneswaran A