Help Wiki Improvements

Adam Sommer asommer70 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:48:15 UTC 2007

Eddie,

On Nov 5, 2007 10:32 AM, Eddie Martinez <eddiemartinez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to put a simple 'Ubuntu version' box on every wiki and
> help page to clearly identify the version name/number that it applies
> to? I have to believe that there is and that seems to be fastest way
> to do that.
>
> -Eddie Martinez

Here's a link to the thread started by Mathias about the issue:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2007-October/009678.html

I started work on a macro to help address issue 2 of the spec Mathew posted:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpWikiQualityAssurance

Phil Bull had some great ideas to improving it, basically it will read
the contents of a "Version" page then place a label box displaying
which versions the editor used in the Macro argument.  Please feel
free to download and test the macro:

https://code.launchpad.net/~asommer70/+junk/misc

I developed it using the MoinMoin version shipped with Gutsy, but it
will probably work with older versions, or could be made to work
without much trouble.  I don't know if this Macro is the answer to all
the questions, but I think it may be a step in the right direction.

Thanks Phil for help with the macro it was fun collaborating.

--
Party On,
Adam