Software Alternatives

Will van der Leij will at ubuntu.com
Thu May 24 14:20:10 UTC 2007

> There was a page over at h.u.c. that described various software that
> Windows users could use when they switch to Linux as alternatives /
> replacement.. Like Gimp instead of Photoshop etc.

This reminds me, we've (Edubuntu) just started work on an application
review spec (wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuApplicationReview). The scope of
which will hopefully include the ability to suggest, vet and query open
source software & alternatives. Although we plan to focus on educational
apps, there is no reason why any other app can't be scheduled in the
same engine.

Hopefully we will have something ready by next UDS. All comments and
contributions are most welcome.
Regards,
Will van der Leij