Encouring contribution (was Re: Launchpad team management)

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed May 9 09:53:09 UTC 2007

Hi Philip,

On Wed, May 9, 2007 10:32 am, Philip Wyett wrote:

> 1. Accept and Commit or Reject patches sent to the docs list in a
> reasonable
> amount
>     of time - Less than a week preferably.

We definitely do our best with this - but because our resources are
already limited, sometimes you have to persevere and remind people to deal
with your patches. Do you have outstanding patches?

> 2. DocTeam docs on the wiki are horrific, with no coherent structure and
> leave you scrapping round for correct info.

{snip}

Thanks for this - all good constructive criticism. I'll try and fix all of
the errors you mention. Please feel free to report/fix more errors and/or
report bugs on the ubuntu-doc product.

> 3. Better explanations of the linkage between docs svn tree and
> ghelp/yelp.

Good idea. I will take a look at the /Contribute and /Repository pages and
see if we can make things clearer after the changes in layout over the
last release cycle.

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org