Plans for Feisty + 1

Will Simpson will at willsimpson.org
Thu Mar 22 13:02:49 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 08:24 +0000, Phil Bull wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Does anyone have any plans or ideas for the documentation for Feisty+1?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil
>
> --
> Phil Bull
> http://www.launchpad.net/people/philbull

I've enjoyed work on the documentation. It has taken a while to
understand the work flow. It really looks spiffy.

Couple of ideas (brain dump) (mainly focused on the distributed help) --

1. I'd like to see an easier way to compare the currently distributed
help with the svn tree. This probably can already be done but I'm in the
dark. Ideally I'd like to see 2 instances of yelp running sided by side
to compare what user community sees (Feisty) and what the state of
development is (Feisty+1). Can this be done without setting up a vm?

2. More screen shots and graphics.

3. A list of sections needing work or adoption. I know the wiki has this
but what about the distributed help? This could be posted weekly to the
forum or included in the svn or posted somewhere on the wiki. I know
that this is a moving target but for noobs like me it gives us something
to focus on.

4. I'd love to see a screen cast showing nixernal's or mdke's workflow
showing how they find problems, use the svn to edit and commit the
change. Sounds so basic but I'm sure there are nuances I could learn
from.

5. There is a glossary of "windows" terms
(file:///usr/share/gnome/help/windows/C/windows.xml#_auto-gen-id-1) and
it might be nice to include their "ubuntu" equivalents.

6. More regular meetings.
6A. A tee shirt!

7. A clear way that distinguishes for the user, "ubuntu" documentation
from "upstream" documentation.

Will
---
http://willsimpson.org