Working with Specific Teams

TheVeech theveech at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:37:21 UTC 2007

If there's a particular aspect I'm unsure about in writing a piece, what
specific person or team grouping do I approach?  Where are these
people/teams listed?  Are there groups dealing with specific aspects
that are readily accessible to anyone who needs help in areas like
fact-checking, prose, graphics, etc.?

Just sticking up a piece on a page or in an email for peer review can be
a bit too static.  Perhaps people could make themselves more accessible
to those who aren't that interested in committing themselves to being
documentation editors - the majority of Ubuntu users - but just want to
submit an idea they've had that could be better assessed and developed
with the help of those with specific talents, who know their way around
a bit more.

For example, say I write a piece about the theoretical and historical
background of GNU/Linux and Ubuntu, I'd like to chase it up by
approaching teams dealing with things like: prose, facts, background,
design, graphics, photographs, and so on.  Can I currently do this?  If
not, is there a way that people can volunteer their services and
approach group/team leaders?