String Freeze

Luzius Thoeny lucius.antonius at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 13:53:37 UTC 2007

Matthew East wrote:
> Ubuntu is now in string freeze.
>
> That means that no new commits should be made with new words or phrases.
>
> In particular, note:
>
> Exceptions may be made before release, on the following grounds:
>
>       * Major glaring typos
>
>       * Exceptional circumstances
>
> A string change must be discussed (and approved) on the mailing list. If
> a string is changed after the freeze, it must be communicated to the
> translators (by writing to the ubuntu-translators mailing list) with
> enough time to update the translations before the translation freeze.
>
> I would suggest that for the first couple of weeks, we can be fairly
> liberal with this approach, especially since translation hasn't opened
> properly yet. After that, we should crack down.
>
> Matt

I would like to get Xubuntu docs translated, too. however, i'm not sure
what needs to be done.

i already figured out how to create a POT file, thanks to this page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Translation

Question: do you upload the POT files manually to rosetta or do you
import it with the source package? if the latter is the case, then i
should get one of the xubuntu devs to upload the source package
(including the POT file) for xubuntu-docs. right?

~luzi