String Freeze

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 8 08:48:00 UTC 2007

Ubuntu is now in string freeze.

That means that no new commits should be made with new words or phrases.

In particular, note:

Exceptions may be made before release, on the following grounds:

      * Major glaring typos

      * Exceptional circumstances

A string change must be discussed (and approved) on the mailing list. If
a string is changed after the freeze, it must be communicated to the
translators (by writing to the ubuntu-translators mailing list) with
enough time to update the translations before the translation freeze.

I would suggest that for the first couple of weeks, we can be fairly
liberal with this approach, especially since translation hasn't opened
properly yet. After that, we should crack down.

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org