Plans for Xubuntu documentation

Luzius Thöny lucius.antonius at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 20:15:36 UTC 2007

Jim Campbell wrote:
> [...]
>
> If you all think this is a good idea, could someone please go ahead
> and move
> a copy of Ubuntu docs over to that location?
[..]

since there haven't been any further reactions to this discussion, i
decided to go ahead and copy that stuff over. if you update from SVN,
you will see that the xubuntu folder now holds a complete copy of the
ubuntu documentation. if all goes well, this will serve as the base for
xubuntu's gutsy documentation. it now needs to be customized for xubuntu.

to build the new ubuntu-doc based stuff, use the command 'make all'. if
you still want to build the hitherto used desktop guide, use 'make
desktopguide' (the desktopguide should eventually be removed from SVN,
but i figured we may as well leave it there for a while, since it does
not conflict with the other stuff).

so please feel free to bring on the patches now 8)

~luzi