Introduction and a request

Ian vern at riseup.net
Sat Jun 23 10:54:12 UTC 2007

Hi,
My name is Ian Lawrence and I am part of the Ubuntu Brazil team.

I am also a maemo [http://maemo.org] community developer working on pyphantom
[https://garage.maemo.org/projects/pyphantom/] which is an IDE intended to help developers create
python plug-ins for Hildon Desktop. I am also involved with the Ubuntu Mobile (UME) project
[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileAndEmbedded] and at the last UME IRC meeting we talked about the
idea of a structured ubuntu-mobile guide.

The idea is that with such a UME guide then we could at least have a standard way of linking to
upstream documentation (be it gnome, maemo, etc) and prevent our documentation snowballing into a
mass of random documents making it pretty unusable.
Obviously we do not want to re-invent the wheel with this but at the same time we want our guide
to reflect some of the sentiments expressed in this
[https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2007-May/000289.html] post to the
developers list.

We would like to use as much of the existing Ubuntu documentation infrastructure and resources as
possible so this e-mail is both a request for advice and a call for participation.
I have created an initial spec/working page here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UMEGuide

and any ideas, suggestions or help to make this a useful resource would be great.
[]'s
Ian

--

http://ianlawrence.info