Searching the Documentation

Will Simpson linux.photo.geek at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 13:41:38 UTC 2007

I too like the idea of a searchable knowledgebase. Browsing a large
knowledgebase is too slow and can be confusing. We'd have to be
careful about the searched objects. Even those within the ubuntu
domain. Using imbrandon's http://www.ubuntuwire.com/ and the search
term "f-spot" showed a series of hits. I randomly selected the 6th hit
and was taken to the index of /ubuntu/pool/main/f/f-spot. This would
be less thank helpful for a new user of f-spot.

Not to say that many or most of the hits weren't helpful but this
would take some work and is not a slam dunk.

I'd like to see in the search results using Yelp, the ability to
expand the current search terms to a confined web search. This is a
Yelp functionality that doesn't yet exist to my knowledge.

Will
http://willsimpson.org
Moscow, Idaho
gnupg public key :: 1024D/F0E55A06