Request for minor change in list server

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 11 19:58:48 UTC 2007

* Jim Kissel:
> I am hoping that the "powers that be" would implement a minor change to
> the list server and pre-pend to the subject line: [ubuntu-doc]
>
> Makes it easier for mail clients to thread/sort the various lists that
> users subscribe to.

Can you explain which client you are having trouble with? Any good email
client will be able to filter your email using the List-Id header rather
than requiring you to do so via the subject line.

As for threading, I don't think that the subject line will help with that.

I'm against introducing a tag to the subject line, because in all the
lists where I've seen them it makes it significantly more difficult to
read the subject line properly...

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org