Help to get a user guide

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 6 02:02:05 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 05 June 2007, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
[snip]
| While I agree with our documentation being far from perfect, how can we go
| about moving the topic based help into a pdf format.  Obviously with the
| amount of emails/requests on IRC, etc that we are seeing we are not meeting
| a need that our customers want.  How can we go about filling that void

dblatex hack I am working on for KDE (will work out of the box for Kubuntu
docs style wise). I am in the process of creating a function for KHelpCenter
(KDE 4 timeline) that will allow users to automatically create a PDF from a
help topic in KHelpCenter. This same dblatex hack would also work with this
as well. I know Matt East has used Apache-FOP in the past and it has seemed
to work 99% of the time for us, so we can still do it this way if needbe,
or...

We create a script people can download to convert the docs into PDF possibly.
Asking users to setup Apache-FOP is like telling them to hurry up and build a
rocket to get to the moon, or fixing dropped cellular calls :)

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at ubuntu.com
GPG Key: 0x2E2C0124