Couple of questions following make

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 27 14:07:29 UTC 2007

Hi Dougie,

> I've finished updating the switching to Ubuntu section in installing. I
> ran through the make process and encountered a lot of errors in Kubuntu
> - so commented it out of the Makefile.
>
> So before I submit a patch - I looked through the generated HTML and
> noticed that the <note> and <warning> tags don't translate to html - is
> this a problem?

The best way to test your changes is to open the xml directly in Yelp -
yelp uses a very simple html conversion, so it's pretty reliable. You
should also check the xml file is correct using the validate.sh script in
our repository.

My hunch is that you haven't used the <note> and <warning> tags correctly,
but see what you can figure out with the above methods, and write if you
want some further help (attaching patches and/or quoting error messages is
helpful).

Matt
--
Matthew East