(K)Ubuntu Gusty

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 07:35:49 UTC 2007

Hi Ross,

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 23:36 -0400, Ross Peoples wrote:
[...]
> I have a question also...I read that Tribe 3 of Feisty has several new
> things, such as display-related items grouped into a single window, yet
> I did not see any of that. Am I missing something?

This should be in System -> Preferences -> Appearance I think. It might
have just gone missing temporarily...

> I'll try again tomorrow, using the Kubuntu Gusty CD this time. Earlier,
> I only did the Ubuntu Gusty CD, got all those errors, then installed the
> kubuntu-desktop package, which cluttered things up quite a bit. I'd hate
> to write documentation which refers to something a standard Kubuntu
> install doesn't have.
>
> Also, I think it's only fair that you know, I don't really know how to
> write in DocBook or use svn very well. I did, however, start writing
> documentation for a product at work using DokuWiki last week. So if
> DocBook is anything like wiki, I'll be ok :)

Don't worry if you don't know DocBook and SVN, that's what we're here to
help you with! DocBook isn't too dissimilar to HTML [1], and SVN is easy
to pick up [2].

If you do run into problems with either of them, just let us know and
we'll help you out.

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/DocbookTags