Page for explaining how to partition an hard disk

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 9 19:15:40 UTC 2007

Hi Milo,

* Milo Casagrande:
> I'm attaching here a first very basic draft of this document.
>
> It's just a small structure of the document... nothing more...
>
> For any ideas/comments on a better way to organise it, please write! :)

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you about this. I've had a look
at the document, here are some quick comments:

You should try and adopt a structure for the document which allows the
reader to immediately see what different tasks are dealt with in each
section. Your current document has 3 sections (Introduction, Basic
Notions, Getting Started) which don't really help the reader to see what
tasks can be accomplished in each section. I think you should keep the
introductory material just in one section, then focus on each task that
can be done in the remaining sections.

There was one xml error where you forgot to close a <para> tag. Always
use the validate.sh script to check files before uploading.

Anyway, it's a start - if we can get some more material added then it
will be valuable to add to the documentation. It might be good to work
with this page on the wiki first and then transfer the material to the
system documentation:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DrivesAndPartitions

Matt
--