Start and End Slides, Take 2

Ubuntu Clips ubuntuclips at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 17:54:19 UTC 2007

On 1/20/07, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2007, at 5:41 PM, Ubuntu Clips wrote:
> >
> > Please find below links to a second cut of the start and end sequence
> > slides. I've simplified the links as per the suggestions and included
> > slides for both kubuntu and xubuntu.
> >
> > Ubuntu:
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/RecordingScreencasts?
> > action=AttachFile&do=get&target=ubuntu-screencast-start.odp
>
> I suggest you have only one slide at the start, not two, and make the
> title the biggest element of that slide. That way it will work better
> in environments where the first frame is used as a preview -- for
> example when it is being streamed over the Web, and people are staring
> at the first frame while the rest of it is buffered.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for the feedback. If we did this, we could either move the
starting slide (with the k/x/ubuntu logo) as the second slide or remove it
altogether as you suggest. Does anyone else have any preferences or thoughts
about this?

More fundamentally, can we assume that the web stream version of the videos
will always be accompanied by a web title or text that will include the
information on the starting sequence slides? I know that Youtube doesn't
seem to use the first frame as the static preview and I just checked Google
Video and it looks like it also uses a random frame. Thoughts, ideas?

Cheers,
Michael

--
ubuntuclips.org