Screencasters!

Ben W benwilber at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 09:49:00 UTC 2007

Hello, I am currently in the process of recording my screencast about
where to go for help.  I should be finishing soon.  I am having a
problem with recording full resolution (1024x768) and being able to play
it back.  It seems that xvidcap can record my VMWare session just fine,
but the only app that will play it is Avidemux.  Even if I leave the res
at 1024x768 but convert it to a known good format, such as ogg or xvid,
no other player (VLC, Mplayer, Xine) will play it back unless I lower
the resolution.  Will it be a problem to have my vid at say, 800x600
max?  Thanks!