The TOC for Server Guide

Bhuvaneswaran bhuvan at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 16 03:13:07 UTC 2007

On 1/14/07, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 23:47 +0530, Bhuvaneswaran wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've prepared the table of contents of Server Guide document for
> > Feisty Fawn Ubuntu release. I've included it in the wiki page [1]. It
> > is purely based on the initial draft [2]. I've added/removed few
> > topics to this specification based on the current document. Please
> > take a look and let me know your valuable comments. Thank you.
> >
> > [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerGuide
>
> I've now rearranged the serverguide in our repo to adopt this new
> structure. No doubt there will be a few sections which require small
> changes to introductions in order for everything to make sense. Also, as
> Bhuvan mentioned, there are a few sections which need new material!
>
> One thing I haven't yet rearranged is the material in
> windows-networking.xml. The wiki page seems to split this material into
> "Network authentication" and "File Server->Samba" but the section as
> currently written seems quite interdependent so I didn't want to split
> this up without a bit more discussion. Could we not retain a "Windows
> Networking" section?

The "Windows Networking" covers the Samba package. So, i think its
fine to have it under "File Server -> Samba" package. But if we have
few more topics to include under "Windows Networking" we can
restructure the spec and include the Samba section under "Windows
Networking" section. Comments are welcome.