SwitchingToUbuntu wiki docs

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 10:53:42 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about adding a SwitchingToUbuntu/ForWindowsAdministrators
sub-page to the wiki docs soon. I thought that this could contain
information on the Ubuntu way of carrying-out familiar tasks for Windows
admins. This would be more involved than SystemAdministration [1],
covering topics such as using GConf, locking-down GNOME and so on.
However, it would link to existing documentation for (e.g.) Samba and
LDAP where possible. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions on
this?

As an aside, I copied some of the relevant parts of the Switching guide
into the MigratingFromWindows wiki page [2] last night. This page
provides information on importing data from Windows into Ubuntu
applications like mail clients and browsers. There are a few (very)
small sections which need authors, so if anyone is interested...

Also, would someone be able to move [3] to h.u.c? I've found a few
references to it on various h.u.c pages.

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SystemAdministration
[2] - https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MigratingFromWindows