Questions from someone who is getting started

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 18:01:46 UTC 2007

Greetings, all,

I've posted a few bug reports to assist with Xubuntu documentation, and am
looking to contribute further to the Xubuntu-docs project.  I would like to
download the current set ubuntu-doc files so that I can work with them
locally, and then submit changes for review, but I'm having a hard time
finding out how to do this.  I've gone through a number of pages trying to
find this information, but have had no luck.  If someone could point me to
the where I can obtain the source files for the documentation, I'd
appreciate it.

Also, I'm fairly new to this, so if any of you would be willing to share how
you chose to set up subversion on your system to keep track of your changes,
I'd appreciate it.  I can handle the actual installation (I've given the
doc-related ubuntu subversion page a look over), but just want to know what
others do.  For example, what directories do you install your source files.
Do you just use your home directories?  Any other best-practices that you'd
like to share?

FWIW, I also noticed something that needed to be changed on one of the main
Ubuntu documentation team pages, http://doc.ubuntu.com/.  It says to, "See
the bar on the right hand side of this page to view our draft documents
which are currently under development for release with Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper
Drake!"  :)  If someone could update the "Dapper Drake!" part of that
statement, that would be cool.  Thanks!

Jim Campbell
"j1mc" on irc.

jwcampbell at gmail.com