server guide standalone package

Bhuvaneswaran bhuvan at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 12 11:09:21 UTC 2007

On 2/12/07, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Mon, February 12, 2007 11:48 am, Bhuvaneswaran wrote:
> > On 2/12/07, Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> >> If you have somethink I should review, let me know and I'll have a look
> >> and improve it.
> >
> > Matthew & Daniel: I've created a patch for this. Basically, I added a
> > new directory for building the Server Guide package.
>
> Thanks for the work. However, I'd really rather the ubuntu-serverguide
> binary package be created from the same source package as ubuntu-docs, as
> per my original email.

Ok. But this way we are not replicating any code. Moreover, I'm not
sure if we can have separate changelog, rules and install file when we
build from the source package. IMO, if we have different debian/
directory, it would be very clear and easy to maintain. Comments are
welcome. Thank you.
--
Regards,
Bhuvaneswaran