Additions to office.xml

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Fri Feb 9 01:15:19 UTC 2007

On Feb 9, 2007, at 11:08 AM, Matthew East wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 17:30 +0000, Phil Bull wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I think data CD burning is common enough (and sometimes
>> problematic enough) that it should be given more of a mention.
>
> What about turning the "Printers, Scanners and Faxes" into a "Hardware"
> section. We're going to need somewhere to put the graphics cards
> documentation, and some material on usb disks and so on would also be
> nice.

A problem with having a "Hardware" section would be that it would be
very general, and not obviously relevant to any particular task.
(Imagine having a "Software" section; same problem.) It would also have
many exceptions: for example, help with connecting cameras would still
belong in "Music, photos, and video", and help with getting a modem
working would still belong in "Internet and networking".

I think the help on graphics cards could go in the "New to Ubuntu
7.04?" section, because the majority of cases where you need help
getting a graphics card working will be on a new system.

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/