xubuntu - office, question

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 21:01:07 UTC 2007

Hi George,

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 21:47 -0500, George Lesica wrote:
> i'm working on the office.xml file and i'm not sure what exactly its
> purpose is... the information contained in office.xml is also exactly
> what is in switching.xml... so my question is, should the office doc
> be geared toward what is included in xubuntu by default? ( i.e.
> abiword, gnumeric) or should it be an overview of what is available in
> the repos in terms of office software? (i.e. OOo, scribus, etc.)

Have you seen the Ubuntu version of this document? At the moment it has
a section comparing office suites, links to more support resources, a
few sections on optional office apps (finance and DTP programs), a
section on templates and sections on finding clipart and sending
documents in a Windows-friendly file format.

The office.xml document doesn't really have a well-defined purpose, I
suppose. It's a useful place to answer common questions about office
apps though.

Thanks,

Phil

--