Ubuntu branch of Gnome upstream - panels patch

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 14 22:31:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 14/08/07, Dean Sas <dean at deansas.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've updated half of the panels section in the user docs to better
> describe the Ubuntu layout.

Excellent job: very helpful.

> There is a lot still to be changed concerning the organisation of the
> add to panel dialogue, not sure currently whether this is as a result of
> the gnome docs being out of date, or because Ubuntu use a slightly
> different dialogue.

I think that the add to panel dialogue was developed by one of the
Ubuntu summer of code students a couple of years back; however it may
have been accepted upstream; so please find out if we can help push
any changes directly there.

> Attached as a bzr bundle because doing a bzr push to launchpad wasn't
> even 50% done after 30 odd minutes.

I've applied this with a couple of linguistic modifications; but since
I edited the file directly, I applied it as a regular patch.

By the way, any modifications to the Gnome documents need to be done
under the license for those documents (GFDL) - we'll need to amend the
copyright details to include attribution for our contributors too.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org