Tracker Documentation Question

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 14 08:47:01 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 14/08/07, Milo Casagrande <milo_casagrande at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Il giorno mar, 14/08/2007 alle 08.27 +0100, Matthew East ha scritto:
>
> > You can simply write the material if you like, and I'll add it to our
> > branch of gnome-user-docs [1] which I started playing with yesterday.
> > Or, if you'd like to try using bzr, you can check out the branch
> > yourself and make a patch.
>
> I'm going slightly off topic here...
>
> Would like to know.. how will translations be handled for this branch of
> g-u-d?
>
> I'm working on the upstream Italian translation that is very outdated,
> is there going to be a sync with usptream?

Yes, we can sync with upstream whenever we want, so any new
translations upstream before final release can be added to our branch.
However, I don't know how we can handle any modified or new strings
which we introduce in the branch: I think translators will simply have
to submit them manually.

If you'd like to investigate the situation, that would be very helpful.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org