I would like to help improving Ubuntu

Fatsheep jesse.fatsheep at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:48:53 UTC 2007

My story is similar to Bui's.  I installed Ubuntu about a year ago and I've
loved it ever since.  It got me into programming as well.  I've helped
people out on the forums and I maintain the "Firefox Widgets" sticky but
besides that I haven't gotten as involved as I would like.  I have
downloaded trunk via subversion and have browsed some of it with yelp but
what I am confused on is what content gets put where?  I know some of it is
under System > Help and Support and some is on the website but I don't
understand the hierarchy of trunk.

Also, I don't have Gutsy and I don't really want to risk my main partition
on an unstable version.  However, I do have space on my hard disk.  Is there
an easy to follow guide on using VMWare to install Gutsy so I can access it
with VMWare from Feisty?  I looked on the Wiki but it said I needed the paid
version of VMWare for feisty.  :(

Anyways, let me know if I can do anything to help and please point me to
documentation to explain any of my above questions.  Thanks,

- fatsheep